- FedEx Ground and FedEx Express shipping methods: generally provide day-to-day progress. As they pick the package from our warehouse, they scan the package as a pick-up confirmation. During peak season, they are very busy and avoid scanning the packages during the pick-up.
- FedEx Smartpost: generally provide day to day progress. However as they are partnered with USPS, there might be a delay in tracking during the transfer of package from FedEx to USPS destination postoffice. During peak season, they are very busy and avoid scanning the packages during the pick-up.
- DHL domestic and international: They DO NOT scan the package when they pick the items from our warehouse.
- Printed Parcel / USPS: They DO NOT scan the package when they pick the items from your warehouse.
- No movement: As these carriers avoid scanning packages at the time of pick up, you may see some delays in the movement. If we do not see ANY movement for more than 3 days, we consider it as a lost item. Please note, these carriers lose packages during the transition for reasons such as dropping, accidents. Unfortunately, if they lose the item before they do the first scan, these carriers DO NOT take responsibility even if their driver drops or loses in accidents. Acutrack is NOT responsible and will NOT refund in such cases. Please log in to our portal and place another order at your expense.
In the fourth quarter, shipping carriers experience a substantial surge in demand, with shipping orders increasing to at least three times the regular season volume. This heightened activity may result in significant delays for Printed Parcel, DHL orders. International orders, in particular, may experience an additional 30 business days for delivery due to customs clearance, as customs departments worldwide grapple with a high volume of shipments.
If your order faces a delay exceeding 20 business days, we recommend placing a new order with priority shipping methods at your expense to circumvent further delays. It's important to note that Acutrack is not accountable for such delays as these are least expensive shipping method and not insured; our role is to assist in order fulfillment, and we do not manage the shipping carriers
If your order shipped via USPS First class, USPS Media mail, or USPS Partnered services such as DHL / FedEx Smartpost, there is, unfortunately, no way to make a claim for the lost or delayed, or damaged package because these services do not provide any insurance. Let us know if you are interested in third-party insurance services.
If the package is undelivered due to an 'issue with address", refused, or incomplete address, we won't be able to recover the cost of postage regardless of the shipping method.
Also, please note that we are NOT responsible for delayed or lost, or damaged packages when shipped. Even when packages are shipped via FedEx, we are not liable for anything other than issuing a credit for the freight costs after filing a successful claim with the carriers.
The shipping methods that cover basic insurance:
- USPS Priority - $100
- USPS Priority International - $100
- FedEx - All FedEx shipping methods cover insurance up to $100
The shipping methods that do NOT cover insurance:
- All other USPS shipping methods such as First Class, Media mail do NOT cover any insurance
- USPS Partnered Services - DHL Parcel, DHL Global Mail, FedEx Smartpost do NOT cover any insurance.
Third-party freight pick up:
Acutrack is NOT responsible for any damages that happened during transit with third-party freight pick-up you arrange. Please work with the freight services directly.
How to file a claim?
Please submit a ticket to our support team with the proof of loss and damage. We will then file the claim with the carriers.
USPS Claims: For USPS orders, we will let you know the status when we hear from USPS.
USPS takes 5 to 10 business days to process the claim.
FedEx claims: For FedEx orders, we will email you the claim number after filing the claim. You can email the claim number and tracking number to email@example.com to find the status.
FedEx takes 5 to 7 business days to process the claim.
If you need to get another product out to the client, please log in to the Customer Portal to place another order.
If you are using USPS Media Mail, you should be aware of some of the challenges when shipping via media mail.