Global region codes identify DVDs and Blu-ray discs that are compatible with the players typically sold in that region.
The following are the different regions and their corresponding numerical equivalent:
- Region 1: the U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda
- Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt
- Region 3: Southeast Asia, East Asia, including Hong Kong
- Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean
- Region 5: Eastern Europe, Baltic States, Russia, Central and South Asia, Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
- Region 6: China
- Region 0: Region free
- Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia
- Region B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia, and New Zealand
- Region C/3: India, Nepal, Mainland China, Russia, Central, and South Asia
- FREE: Region free
If you want your DVD or Blu-ray to play globally, you must "Region free" option at the time of disc authoring. DVD or Blu-ray authored by Acutrack is "region free" unless instructed otherwise.