High-resolution PDF files are the only type of files we accept for printing orders. This ensures that there are fewer printing issues and less possibility of shifting text and graphics.
When preparing PDFs, please ensure the following:
- Embed all fonts and image files to the PDF document
- Ensure that PDF files have been set to include bleeds
Below are general design considerations for book printing
- Image Resolution: at least 300 PPI
- Color Mode: CMYK
- Margin / Safety Margin (inside): at least 0.5"
- Margin / Safety Margin (top, bottom, outside): 0.125"
- Bleed (all sides): 0.125"
- Page Count: includes all sides of the final booklet (when closed and including the cover). For example, an 8-page booklet consists of a 4-page cover and 4 inside pages.
- Page 1 - Front cover
- Page 2 - Inside front cover
- Page 3 - First "internal" page (right-hand-side)
- Page 4 to 6 - Other internal pages
- Page 7 - Inside back cover
- Page 8 - Back cover
Saddle-stitched or Coil Bound
Supply 1 PDF file with multiple single pages (including covers)
Supply 2 separate PDF files:
- Covers: 2 pages (inside and outside) of flat/spread cover (make sure to include spine)
- Internal Pages: multiple single pages
Please refer to our print specification guideline to learn more before submitting your files.