Acutrack's copy protection on a USB thumb drive stand-alone solution that does not require an Internet connection or authentication from an off-site server. Everything runs 100% from the flash drive itself. There is no software to install to view the files, and no administrator rights required: just plug in the drive and you can immediately access the content.
Copy protected USB thumb drives comes with PCViewer and MACViewer which allows you to open and view copy protected files on a USB. In order for encrypted drives to be usable immediately and without additional downloads, the PCViewer/MACViewer runs from the drive. Since we require a viewer application, our copy protected USB can run on PC or MAC.
Currently, we support copy protection of the following file format:
Documents: PDF, XML, TXT and CSS
Web Pages: HTM, HTML and HTML5
Image and: Animation: SWF, JPG, GIF, and PNG
Audio Files: MP3 and WAV
Video Files: WMV, MP4, M4V, and MOV
Here are some of the key Features of Acutrack’s USB Copy Protection Services:
- The content can be viewed, but it cannot be copied or shared.
- Data and files cannot be deleted or formatted from the USB drive.
- Copy-protected files formatted in PDF, HTML, and text cannot be printed without permission, which means their dissemination is up to you.
- Users cannot select content from one document and copy and paste it into another; this prevents users from performing a “select all” copy and paste from within a PDF.
- Users cannot take screen grabs on Mac computers or perform print screens on Windows devices.
- Administrator rights are not required because nothing is installed on the host computer; this is ideal for large corporations and government agencies.