Acutrack's copy protection on a USB thumb drive stand-alone solution that does not require an Internet connection or authentication from an off-site server. Everything runs 100% from the flash drive itself. There is no software to install to view the files, and no administrator rights required: just plug in the drive and you can immediately access the content.
Copy-protected USB thumb drives comes with PCViewer and MACViewer which allows you to open and view copy-protected files on a USB. In order for encrypted drives to be usable immediately and without additional downloads, the PCViewer/MACViewer runs from the drive. Since we require a viewer application, our copy-protected USB can run on PC or MAC only and cannot run on smartTV or any media player!
Currently, we support copy protection of the following file format:
Documents: PDF, XML, TXT and CSS
Web Pages: HTM, HTML and HTML5
Image and: Animation: SWF, JPG, GIF, and PNG
Audio Files: MP3 and WAV
Video Files: WMV, MP4, M4V, and MOV
Here are some of the key Features of Acutrack’s USB Copy Protection Services:
- The content can be viewed, but it cannot be copied or shared.
- Data and files cannot be deleted or formatted from the USB drive.
- Copy-protected files formatted in PDF, HTML, and text cannot be printed without permission, which means their dissemination is up to you.
- Users cannot select content from one document and copy and paste it into another; this prevents users from performing a “select all” copy and paste from within a PDF.
- Users cannot take screengrabs on Mac computers or perform print screens on Windows devices.
- Administrator rights are not required because nothing is installed on the host computer; this is ideal for large corporations and government agencies.