USPS Partnered service pricing effective Jan 26, 2020
For B2C packages, US Postal service is an ideal choice for package home delivery. You can choose to work with USPS directly or partnered services companies like DHL, or FedEx who acts as USPS parcel expeditor. These parcel expeditors handle pick up, sorting, transportation, and induction to the USPS hub. USPS handles the “Last mile” delivery, usually to a residence.
Postal service is ideal for small packages weighing under 15 pounds. Each package is trackable and could take anywhere between 2 to 6 Business days to deliver the shipment. The chart below shows the cost of shipping via USPS/parcel expeditor based on zone-based pricing effective January 26, 2020
For the First Class package less than 1 lb - DHL Parcel
- The maximum height allowed is 27". Posters over 27" inches is not supported.
The package over 1 lb - FedEx Smartpost
- Shipments where the dimensional weight exceeds actual weight are charged according to the following calculation:
Dimensional weight in Lb per package = Length x Height x Width in inch / 139.
- The fuel surcharge varies weekly. 4.25 to 7.25% of the fuel surcharge applies. Please refer to the article
- Delivery Area Surcharge: A delivery area surcharge of $1.95 will apply to FedEx SmartPost shipments to select ZIP codes within the contiguous U.S. . Please refer to the article
Not supported by USPS Partnered services
- We do not use partnered services for Alaska and Hawaii as they are considered as zone 9 or 10 and is very expensive. We ship with USPS.
- PO Box, US territory, Military, and APO addresses are not supported by partnered services. We ship with USPS.