We are partnered with Shipsurance company to provide insurance for shipping small or large packages. Our programs are designed to ensure your packages for much less cost than FedEx insurance, UPS insurance or USPS insurance. If your package is lost, damaged, or stolen in transit, shipping insurance will ensure that your package is covered.
Here is the cost of shipping insurance:
- $0.75 per $100.00 of declared value coverage, per package
- Limits: $1,000.00 per package, $100,000.00 per conveyance.
- This covers all USPS related shipment when shipped via USPS, or third-party aggregators like DHL or FedEx.
- $1.25 per $100.00 of declared value coverage, per package
- Limits: $1,000.00 per package, $100,000.00 per conveyance
- This covers all USPS related shipment when shipped via USPS, or third-party aggregators FedEx (FIMS) service
The coverage insures the parcel and its contents against damage or loss from any external cause while in transit. To submit a claim, there are 20 days waiting period for domestic orders and 40 days waiting period for international orders. A claim has to be submitted within 120 days from the date of shipment.
Acutrack will file a claim with Shipsurance and provide you a claim number. Refer to this link on how to file a claim.
You can check the status of the claim here http://www.dsiins.com/claimstatus/?cid=acutrack . If approved, Acutrack will send you the check for the value approved by Shipsurance.